Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Kissing Cops


I heart Dubai Police, or actually more truthfully they heart me!

I couldn't believe what happened to me today, I knew the police here were friendly but geez!

So here it goes...I had just parked my car in a public parking lot, after cruising for at least 10 minutes to find one of those elusive parking spots near the Crowne Plaza on Sheikh Zayed Road...which I only finally got by stalking a nice Indian gentleman who was walking to his car to leave! I had then gotten my lovely little 1 dirham parking coupon ...and of course I had managed to get the furthest spot from the parking ticket machine...super fun in 40C weather with high humidity let me tell ya! After all this I was now finally ready to go into my appointment, slightly sweaty and my hair a little worse for wear. As I went to cross the parking lot's access road I saw a police car approaching and I thought 'oh its the police he'll probably let me have right of way'...ha seriously... what was i thinking!?! I honestly think the sun must have fried my brain there for a second and fooled me into forgetting I was in Dubai. Seriously! Someone exhibiting a sign of common courtesy?!? That is certainly not how it works around here...its every man, or should i say slightly frazzled woman, for themselves here!

So the police car then whizzed by me before breaking suddenly. The policeman had now seen me and decided he liked what he saw! I guess even slightly sweaty i was having a good looks day. He then proceeded to honk his horn and blow me a kiss...SERIOUSLY!! I could not believe it...and was certainly not in the mood for it at that point. I ignored him and quickly hotfooted it to my appointment, I swear he looked like he was about to jump out of the car to ask me for my number! Some days I wonder here...

So to recap the score of that day, common courtesy 0, mild sexual harassment 1, total confusion on my part 1, Just another day in Dubai my friends. Welcome to my world :)


1 comment:

  1. hahaha...i think nearly every woman in dubai has been harrassed, to some extent, while walking down the street... but this one really takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete