Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Million Dollar Man

In these tough economic times, I have had to start looking at my finances a little more carefully and think about cutting back. Dubai's property bubble has finally burst and the repercussions are definitely being felt here. It seems everyone knows someone who's been laid off and with almost everyone working in construction here, news of projects going on hold are a scary but all too familiar refrain at the moment.

This doom and gloom atmosphere has made me kick myself I didn't accept that offer a couple of months ago when a local guy tried to buy me...ahem...I mean marry me for a million dollars. Haha just kidding...well at least about the accepting part. The offer though was 100% real, I swear. I truly can't even make this stuff up!!

What?!? How?? where?!? I know, I know, I'm getting there, just hold on ;)

So I was at the gym minding my own business trying to work off my recently acquired addiction to Krispy Kremes (that's one for another blog ladies and gents) but anyways, here I was when this local guy came up to me out of the blue (well he had been staring at me all week but that was just creepy to start off with so I kept running away to the other side of the gym whenever he came around eww!) So back to the story, he comes up to me and without even a hello how you doing doll, starts "I want to marry you. I give you $1 000 000 (yes that's right one million!) and a new car" So I responded, "excuse me?!?" totally flabbergasted and just having trouble processing what he had just lobbed at me I stared at him blankly! "I give you one million" he repeated "and a new car, not an old one, a new one!!!" yeah because that's really what was going to change my mind! Not to mention that he was shall we say an OLDER gentleman and was barely 5 foot tall. The guy would have needed a step stool for the "you may kiss the bride" part!

Let's just say I ran away from that guy like my little jiggly butt was on fire! Who does that? I mean not even a hello, my name is blah blah blah, what's yours? I guess that's what happens when you have piles of oil money to burn!!

From that day on I've started wearing a pretty gold "wedding ring" to the gym... although in this recession I probably won't have to worry about repeat offers....here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment